Career Opportunity – Is it worth it?
- Become a groomer in 8 weeks with no previous experience required. You can have a new, lucrative career, in as little as 8 weeks! A recent poll of grooming business owners in Texas shows that 54% of businesses have not been able to fill their open grooming positions. An incredible 68% of Texas grooming business owners says that they have partially filled their open positions, or filled them with less qualified people who didn’t meet all of their requirements. On the other hand, 96% of people who are already pet groomers/canine stylists in Texas reported to have taken less than 10 days to find a place of employment or to receive an offer of employment from at least 1 grooming business. In a few words: Texas needs groomers! No matter if you want to open your own business or find a position in an established place, these professional skills are in high demand throughout the entire state!
- Curriculum that we offer covers all aspects of dog grooming, including breed standards, anatomy, healthy and safety, grooming techniques, equipment handling and client interactions. Once your receive your diploma you will be fully independent to work as a groomer/stylist in an established grooming business, or to open your own grooming business. Our program offered is Professional Canine Stylist Program. Total Course Hours will be 320.
- Synopsis of Subjects
- Canine Professional Knowledge
- Safety, Handling & Self-Care
- Coat and Skin Care
- Learning the Mobile Unit
- Professional Basic Grooming
- First Aid & CPR
- Professional Intermediate Grooming
- Styling & Finishing Techniques
- All of our instructors have extensive experience in not only grooming, but also teaching and have themselves been through our training program. They have all been hand selected and are extremely passionate about teaching.
- All of our training classes are hands on, inside of our grooming van salons.
- Grooming and styling skills require our students to not just learn how to do things... but to actually try them and practice them with their own hands! This is what makes us different: you don't learn from a video or from a phone call, but from a carefully selected Professional and Certified Stylist that is there just for you. One on one teaching. All of our Diploma Programs require students to be present and to get hands-on experience on everything we are teaching them about dog grooming. Our programs are specially designed to provide our students with all the professional knowledge they need and with more than enough hands-on experience that make you undoubtedly prepared for a full-time grooming/styling position or to run your own business
Reese’s Luxury School of Grooming is approved by the Texas Professional Pet Groomers Association.